This section describes what information is collected by Knowa in relation to End Users, and how that information is used by Knowa.
What Personal Data and other information we collect in relation to End Users
When you access and use the Knowa Services as a End User, we collect and store certain pieces of Personal Data and other information on behalf of our Client, including:
- Full name.
- Email address
- Work responsibilities.
- IP addresses.
- Information relating to when and how End Users use the Website and the Knowa Services, and when and how they interact with email notifications. This information includes, but is not limited to, activity data, location data and weblogs.
Where, how and for how long we store your Personal Data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the security of your data (including the equipment, webservers and networks used for its transmission) until the data is received by our systems. Once we have received it, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access to your data.
We will store your Personal Data for no more than six months after the Client stops actively using the Knowa Services, at which time your Personal Data will be irretrievably deleted.
How we use the Personal Data and other information that we collect from you
We use information collected from you to provide the functionality of the Website and the Knowa Services to the Client, and to communicate with you on matters relating to your Account, the Knowa Services or the Website.
Updating your Personal Data
You can update or edit any of the information in your Account. It is your responsibility:
- To protect against unauthorised access to your Account.
- To log off from your Account when not using it.
- To keep your log-in details secret.
What Personal Data we share with third parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Knowa or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our contractual rights; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Knowa, our stakeholders, or others.
Your rights under the Data Protection Laws
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Laws, including:
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to be told what Personal Data we hold about you on our database and how we process that data.
- The right to request that we provide you with a copy (in a commonly used electronic format) of all the Personal Data that we hold about you.Unless you make repeated requests, we will not charge a fee for providing you with a copy of this data.
- The right to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data that we hold about you.
- The right to request that we irretrievably delete all Personal Data that we hold about you (the so-called “right to be forgotten”).Note that there are limited circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse to comply with this request.
- The right to request that we transmit all the Personal Data that we hold about you (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form) to another organisation’s IT environment.Note that we are only legally obliged to comply with this request if it is technically feasible for us to do so.
Should you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by post at:
5-6 Argyll Street
or by email at email@example.com.
If you exercise any of the above rights, then we will action your request as soon as reasonably practical and, in any event, within one month.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites which may be of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should exercise caution, and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.